Ten Good Practices for Trees
- Obtain authorisation to clear new fields
- Prevent and fight bush fires
- Organise timber exploitation in the forest
- Protect naturally regenerated young trees
- Raise tree seedlings
- Plant trees
- Adopt soil and water conservation measures
- Intensify and diversify agricultural production
- Attach sheep and goats and cut and carry fodder to them
- Use fuel efficient woodstoves.
As identified by community foresters in the Bankass District with support from
Sahel Eco - Trees for Change Project - in partnership with Tree Aid UK.